[hpsdr] backup boards?

Eric Ellison ecellison at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 08:08:58 PST 2007

> A question I've not seen here is 'What happens if our tightly integrated
> system loses a chip or major component?'  There isn't going to be a
> readily available backup board and it would be a shame to have a useless
> box sitting on the bench.
>
> N0UU

That is one advantage that the guys that have the capability of
building from bare boards will have - they'll be able to replace the
bad component provided the component is still available at that point.

Phil N8VB

Also with this forum having grown to over 600, and around 100 folks ordering
bare boards, obviously the 'HPSDR community' has the scope of talent to help
out someone with a 'problem' even for a profit. As these boards become a
reality in hardware, we will need to be our own support group for all
resources.

Eric - AA4SW