[hpsdr] ALEX - Call for Comments - II

Matt Lawrence matt at technoronin.com
Tue Mar 6 15:27:08 PST 2007

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007, Steven Wilson wrote:

> This isn't really true with I2C - you have to provide for deglitching
> the signal - I2C says you have to be able to handle a 50ns glitch. This
> is done most easily with a series of flops running at some much faster
> frequency used to smooth out the glitches - means I2C needs an on-board
> clock.

Umm, not really.  You might need a one-shot for the 50ns glich, but other
than that, it's clocked.

Or, maybe I'm missing some point.  I was very deep into I2C a few years
ago, so I do know the protocol fairly well, but I don't know the hpsdr
architecture all that well yet.

-- Matt
It's not what I know that counts.