[hpsdr] Ozy with Gb Ethernet

Eric Ellison ecellison at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 13:54:59 PST 2007

Hi Warren!

Lyle has a habit of "springing traps like this!"  Welcome and let me be the
first to ask a stupid question of our latest project leader/volunteer.

Why an Ozy?

Ozy is pretty dedicated (at the moment) to Interfacing the SDR-1000 with
it's large DB-25 and a number of other custom devices dedicated to the
purpose of talking with SDR-1000.

Why not an Epimetheus? Dedicated to 'other I/O' functions? I think I've seen
quite a number of chips dedicated to making dumb devices like table lamps
and such, into web servers etc, why not an HPSDR i/o board?. Aside from the
Atlas being a little 'slow' for a Gig backbone that is true whatever board
it is put on.

http://hpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=EPIMETHEUS

I know dumb question, but hey everything starts with a new idea being
discussed and new people to head it up.

Thanks

Eric

  _____