[hpsdr] Ozy with Gb Ethernet

Eric Ellison ecellison at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 14:36:44 PST 2007

Warren

Well, as you will find out I don't design in hardware or software, but sort
of just a devils advocate. Also thoroughly addicted to reading spec sheets
and web links you guys come up with . One thing I'm sure of is that it is
not going to be trivial or someone would have started with a Gb Ethernet
port and stacks instead of, or in addition to the High Speed USB.

I dabble in Access programming on occasion, and one thing I have found is
that it is most times harder for me to copy an entire database program and
make it a different program by 'removing and replacing parts'. After
attempting it too many times, I have realized it was just better to do a new
design and use the 'experience' from previous databases and small parts of
the database to generate something new and better.

Hence my suggestion of  something along the lines of Epimethius. I find the
description of Epi on the Wiki interesting!

>From Encyclopedia Mythica? "Epimetheus ("afterthought") is the son of
Iapetus and Clymene. He foolishly ignored his brother Prometheus' warnings
to beware of any gifts from Zeus*. He accepted Pandora as his wife, thereby
bringing ills and sorrows to the world".

Or just start from scratch and rename to something original. Use the best
from all ideas! Your honors!

Thanks

Eric

  _____