[hpsdr] Ozy with Gb Ethernet

Phil Harman pvharman at arach.net.au
Sat Mar 10 18:03:54 PST 2007

HI Warren,

Welcome to the group. Not sure what we would gain my going to T-100 Ethernet since at  the moment we can get 35-40MB/s over USB2.  The uWSDR guys have chosen Ethernet as their means of communicating with their hardware mainly so they can mount it at the top of a tower and run CAT5 cable to it I think, see

< http://uwsdr.berlios.de/ >

I think an Ozy type board with GB Ethernet would be just great since we could transfer some of the DSP work to the PC and look at MHz of bandwidth at a time.

73's Phil...VK6APH