[hpsdr] Ozy with Gb Ethernet

Donald Kay dbk31415 at cox.net
Sun Mar 11 15:29:57 PDT 2007

Hi Fred,
It was very bad here. The original setup had a couple of
65 ft runs of cat 5e, one to the front of my house and
one to the rear where the shack is. The network equipment
was all linksys so maybe that had something to do with it.
Also, although I have some 100BT here it was mostly older
10BT stuff. I have seen speculation on the web that these
are harmonics of the frame rate but I don't know that for
sure.

The interfering signal shows up every 30 khz but every other
one is quite strong. I saw it from about 80 meters through
all the HF bands.

Moving to a wireless network solved the problem.

73 Don KI6FOM