[hpsdr] Future projects?

Murray Lang murray.lang at metoceanengineers.com
Sun Mar 11 17:04:02 PDT 2007

If it turns out to be necessary to define our own protocol then I'd like
to see it support the transport of frequency domain audio data as well
as control signals.
The scenario I'd like to see is an SDR (RX) server that acquires the
data and places the FFT result in shared memory. One or more instances
of a proxy module can then sniff this, moving up and down the spectrum
under the control of a remote stub. The spectral data is sent back,
maybe compressed, to the remote stub where it can be IFFT'd and further
processed. Maybe there is a better approach, but the idea is to do the
least amount of work on the server so that it can support the maximum
number of remote connections. I haven't put much thought into the TX
equivalent of this.

Murray VK6HL