[hpsdr] Preselector PT-8000

Pieter Ibelings sietetrescincoprimo at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 12 08:07:45 PDT 2007

Graham,

When you lower the impedance of the load and source, the shape of the series
resonance is much more pronounced. You can get in the order of 20 dB of
selectivity improvement. This forces you to have better tracking accuracy. i
have been playing with these topologies for about a year and they look
really promissing. All of the new radios are incorporating some sort of
tunable preselector based on the same idea. Yaesu tunes the inductor with a
stepper motor. I have been leaning toward switching the taps on the inductor
and adjusting the caps. The design I use is very similar to the PT8000, but
it has 2 cores. a T200-2 and a T200-6 for the higher frequencies. I might be
able to get it working with just the T200-2 as in the PT8000 design.

Pieter, N4IP