[hpsdr] Atlas_Lite...

Henry Vredegoor henry.vredegoor at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 07:22:37 PDT 2007

Hi All, Ahti, Barry, Tommy,

I think both solutions could be great!
Although the solution with modified connectors of Ozy/Janus of course has
it's limitations:

- Connector modified cards obviously will not fit in an Atlas backplane
anymore
- Power supply connections, LED's, etc. have to be realized in other ways
- Is the spacing obtained in this way between cards enough wrt. component
height?
- Only for the bare-board people? Since removing the DIN connectors would be
difficult without damaging the board for a number of people without
appropriate (de-)soldering skills and -tools?

I think the two-slot Atlas version is a nice addition to the possibilities
and I can imagine that a number of people would be interested in this
solution.

I for one would like to have an "Atlas-2" if it provided the same quality
and functionality of the "Atlas-6" [(Power-)connections, LED's etc.)]

Henry.