[hpsdr] Atlas_Lite...

Eric Ellison ecellison at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 15:40:50 PDT 2007

Barry!

WOW! Leaves it wide open to comment again as we were doing last year at
about this time! Generated instant interest, as it should!

A couple thoughts come to mind

If there weren't 600 or possibly 800 Atlas available folks would probably
gobble this up. This would suit Janus/Ozy and probably Gibralter/Ozy. I
might be tempted to cut an Atlas with my small diamond veining bit and see
if we had shorts between planes.

We could run an "Interest's" on this one and see how many would be
interested. Could also check out a 100/200 board quantity to manufacture.

Probably as soon as we got it 'in motion' someone would want three for a
compact Ozy-Merc-Pen!

There are probably quite a number who feel 6 is not enough.

At one time I think that a separate power connection was requested on OZY
but I couldn't find it on the schematic. I was thinking of how we could use
a pair IDC Female DIN and ribbon between boards. Would have to separate off
the powers conductors, at one end for supply. I have NO idea what that would
do to buss quality. Don't even know if it is do-able.

http://www.avx.com/docs/masterpubs/idcrnd.pdf

If in redesign:
 Is there any way we could do a power supply base as it is now, with a
stackable buss, so we could come out with as many DIN connectors as we
needed, and still maintain buss quality?

Fodder for thought. Keep em coming! Let's see where it goes!

Thanks
Eric

Hi Eric,

I've been a lurker on this group for quite a while now.  After I saw
some comments on cutting the
Atlas backplane at slot 2 to provide for an interconnect for just a
Janus/Ozy pair, I decided that
there was something better.  I started with the free stuff (ExpressPCB,
PCB123...).  But they all
had limitations.  I decided to purchase a non-profit license for
DipTrace (4layers/1000pins).  I have
taken Phil C's excellent Atlas design and have converted it to a 2 slot
design, that may be of interest
to the JANUS/OZY only folks.

Is anyone interested?