[hpsdr] Pandora Enclosure Project Proposal.

Ben Hall kd5byb at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 20 16:33:14 PDT 2007

Hi Grady,

Wow, great!  Just took a look at your webpage, some nice work and good
ideas there.

A PC case is one possible solution for an HPSDR case.  The slots are
already there, there is already a home for a power supply, and drive
bays provide great places to mount displays, controls, or whatever you
might want to mount.

I've been looking for something a little smaller,  as there seems to be
a lot of room left over when an HPSDR is mounted in a standard ATX PC
case.  I've not yet found a case that has six slots that doesn't leave a
lot of empty space in the case.

Not that space is bad, by no means!  It's just that some folks might not
have room for a PC case.  I'm a good example - my shack is out of room
and a PC case just won't fit.

I will continue to pursue the PC case solution.  If there are cases out
there that would fit the bill, I'll happily take a look!

thanks much and 73,
ben, KD5BYB

wgdonaldson wrote:
> Great job PM Ben. Please feel free to use any of my notes as you see fit.
>

> Some time back Phil, N8VB, posted a link to a ‘Home Theater PC’ HTPC
> type enclosure. This spurred some ‘high level’ ideas and mockups for
> enclosures that I’ve posted on my website.
> http://home.comcast.net/~wgdonaldson/. The units tend to address space,
> cooling, room noise, esthetics, p/s electrical noise, etc… All at a
> reasonable price of around $200 or so.
>

> Enjoy… More to come!
>

> Grady, WE4S, wgdonaldson at comcast.net

Thanks and 73,