[hpsdr] Updated Penelope Design Files

Christopher T. Day CTDay at LBL.Gov
Wed Mar 28 22:02:07 PDT 2007

Despite multiple attempts, I cannot download a usable version of either
the PDF schematic nor the Gerbers. The BOM came down ok. Any ideas?

	Chris - AE6VK

-----Original Message-----
From: Lyle Johnson [mailto:kk7p at wavecable.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 7:15 PM
To: Eric Ellison
Cc: 'High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List'
Subject: Re: [hpsdr] Updated Penelope Design Files

Hello Eric!

Yes.  < URL:http://www.hamsdr.com/personaldirectory.aspx?id=536 >

> Lurkers! (this is another form of 'ping')
>
> Let's put our 'eyes' on the schematic and also gerbers and layers and
'see
> what we can see'. Ask questions. Look for errors and omissions,
> clarifications, duplications handled by other boards. If we can avoid
2
> Alpha's we get "Pretty Pen", that much sooner, with less expense!
> (Especially TIME). Get Pentalogix and take a look at the layout! Let's
get
> someone on costing the BOM in EU and USA. Parts in singles cheap, low
lead
> times.

BOM is costed, but the 10 MHz TCXO might not be optimum, there may be a
less expensive but just as good VCXO, etc.

Should we consider an OCXO?  Or should we just make a lot of noise to
get Gibraltar rolling? :-)

73,

Lyle KK7P

HPSDR Discussion List