[hpsdr] Ozy/Janus manual available for upload to WIKI

Joe - AB1DO ab1do at optonline.net
Tue May 15 12:51:06 PDT 2007

Hi Guys,

Dare I say it, but the Ozy/Janus PowerSDR Operating manual is about as ready as it is going to get at this stage. However, I have no upload privileges to the WIKI. I'd appreciate it if someone who has would email me off list, so I can send them the PDF file for upload.

This is revision 1 of the manual. We have tried to be as complete as possible, but as is usually the case with hardware/software systems, I'm sure there will be issues. All I can say is that I have a run of the mill Dell PC and no more than a very basic understanding of Ozy/Janus. I followed the directions as I received them, documented them and was able to initialize Ozy/Janus and now have Ozy controlling my SDR-1000. (Because I installed the Delta-44 interface board inside my SDR-1000, I need a 15-pin D-Sub for the audio connections, which I don't have yet).

The fact that it went pretty effortlessly is in large part due to Phil Covington, Phil Harman, Lyle Johnson, Bill Tracey, Scotty Cowling & his team and TAPR (I hope I didn't leave anyone out). All I can say is WOW - you guys are truly amazing.

If you have any comments on the manual (once its on the WIKI), please direct them to the reflector. I will be leaving for Dayton soon and probably not get to them until I get back. (And hey, don't forget, I'm only the messenger :-).

73 de Joe - AB1DO