[hpsdr] Error when running initozy.bat

Duane - N9DG n9dg at yahoo.com
Sun May 20 18:29:31 PDT 2007

On Wednesday I put together and fired up my Janus/Ozy/Atlas
board set. All in all things were pretty painless. Of course
populating the Atlas board with 0805 sized parts was a bit
challenging, and the carpet only ate one of the .1 bypass
caps (I was able to successfully substitute a 1206 sized
part) ;).

I do have one peculiar board initialization problem though.
Most, but not all, of the times I run the initozy.bat file I
get an Application error" as the "loadfirmware.exe" finishes
(I think).

The error dialog text:

The instruction at "0x7c92ae17" referenced memory at
"0x00c2fff0". The Memory could not be "read".

The CMD window shows this:

C:\Share\HPSDR\Ozy-PowerSDR>load_firmware 0xfffe 0x0007
ozyfw-sdr1k.hex
finding busses...
finding devices...
usb_get_busses...
bus location: 0
Checking for VID PID...
Found VID PID: fffe 7
Trying to open device...
Device handle is: 3883680
Resetting CPU...Reset ON...
Result: True
Opening intel hex file: ozyfw-sdr1k.hex
Processed 725 lines...
Result: True
Taking CPU out of reset...
Result: True
Closing device...
done...

Once I clear the error it then proceeds with the Sleep
command and finishes the rest of the commands without any
additional errors. I can then run PowerSDR without any
problems and everything seems to be OK.

The machine is a AMD Athlon XP 3000+ running Windows XP home
/ SP2.

Any one have any thoughts as to why this might be occurring.

Duane
N9DG

____________________________________________________________________________________Give spam the boot. Take control with tough spam protection in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.