[hpsdr] Janus parts ordering page

Jason Hitesman jason at hitesman.com
Mon May 28 01:21:11 PDT 2007

Well I finally found some time the past two days to find tune my Janus
parts ordering page:

http://www.yumaduners.com/jth_upload/hpsdr/index.html

I finally worked out the format of Mousers ordering mechanism and was
able to fully automate the ordering process for them similar to the
way that Digikey already works.  With just two clicks from this page
you can now place full orders to both suppliers including most of the
component labeling (some of the caps had lists of part numbers longer
than what mouser would accept so they just say "see notes")

I'm fairly certain that the BOM's are now accurate however would like
some confirmation from one or two more people before I would feel good
calling this "usable".  At this point I plan on using the page to
order the parts for my Janus so if nothing else that will be the trial
by fire I suppose.

More details are included on the page along with links to .csv
versions of the BOM's used (in fact the .CSV's are parsed directly to
create the webpage making updates quick and easy.)

I built the page with the official HPSDR site in mind - I don't know
if there's interest in giving it a permanent home there or not but
figured it would be nice to at least match the colors.  That's also
why there's a big gap on the left - to leave room for site navigation
if this ends up somewhere official.

Any and all feedback is appreciated.  One thing I really wasn't sure
about was trying to open the Digikey and Mouser sites in new windows -
usually I don't like to do that kind of thing on principal.  And
anti-pop-up software makes it even more iffy.  However in this case I
think it makes sense since people have to return to this page to
complete their order.

----
Jason Hitesman
N8INJ