[hpsdr] One more observation on JanOz-163

Ahti Aintila oh2rz.sdr at gmail.com
Mon May 28 23:41:43 PDT 2007

Hi All,

When starting the JanOz-163 SDR-1000 set-up using the Ozy control, my
rotating "VFO" tuning knob modified from a roller mouse was slowed
down to almost unusable. Obviously the I/Q communication takes so much
capacity that Ozy is too busy to relay the SDR-1000 commands near real
time.

I changed over to the "GOOD OLD" USB-to-PIO adapter and the frequency
tuning speed was back to normal. So now I have two USB cables (and
heavy ferrite fortifications) between the PC and the radio hardware.

73, Ahti OH2RZ