[hpsdr] TAPR

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Wed May 2 19:25:11 PDT 2007

Hello Frank,

The testing setup that Scotty and crew were using takes a bit of work
to setup.  For the Ozy board there's a loopback  FPGA image in SVN
under KD5TFD/OzyWrapTest.  The FPGA image depends on a bunch of the
Atlas and GPIO lines being connected to each other - essentially the
code puts a signal out on one line and sees if it gets it back on
another line.  The lines that need to be connected together can be
seen from the .xls file in SVN or from the WrapTest.v verilog
code.   This test is typically loaded into the EP4CS ROM and run from
there - no PC connection is needed.  A serial port is connected to
the FPGA serial header at 115.2 kbps to get report of pass or
fail.  In the case of failure, the circuit(s) failing are reported on
the serial port.

I believe there's a similar image for the CPLD on Janus -- don't know
the details on that one since I did not write it.

The other part of the test is a PC program - JanusTester that depends
on the analog ins and outs on Janus being connected.  It pumps a
signal out the D/A side and reads it back on on the A/D side and
reports results for various test frequencies, aplitudes and sampling
rates.  This code is SVN at KD5TFD/JanusTester.  This is a much more
and end to end test as it goes to/from the PC and thru all the major
pieces of Janus and Ozy.

Hope some of this is useful -- I'll admit to not writing much
documentation on this stuff - but do try to make sure I get all the
code published and will try and answer questions on it.

Cheers,

Bill (kd5tfd)