[hpsdr] Pandora

George Medakovich George at Medakovich.com
Tue May 22 14:00:28 PDT 2007

Chris Albertson wrote:

>>The point is "Why is an $11 part driving the design of a $100
>>box.  Should be the other way around.

Agreed, but maybe this is a 2nd generation Atlas design opportunity.  I would like to
see a different configuration too, but don't have the design skills to
contribute one myself and am very appreciative of what we have now.

In the meantime there are lots of 1st generation Atlas configurations
that need enclosures.  I think this strengthens the case for the current
favorite (Ten-Tec bk-959), it does the job needed and is reasonably affordable.

A generic box like this can be further cusomized, such as with the addition
of a detachable control box (like with the modern mobile transcievers).
Handles, cutouts, rackmount ears, pinstripes, personal logos, etc. can be added as needed.
Mine will probably just get stuck on a back shelf once it is cabled up and connected to a computer.

George Medakovich, ke5dng