[hpsdr] "Soft Atlas"?

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 17:44:04 PDT 2007

Do you think it would be possible to build a "Soft Atlas"
using ribbon cable and IDC connectors?  I don't know the
signals on the bus so I don't if it would work out.

Of course the first
(very small) card would have to supply the connectors that
are on the current Atlas PCB
but after that, the size of the buss could be anything the
user wants it to be and it could be folded and bent as required.
The IDC connectors have mounting holes that would allow mounting
in a PC case or something much smaller.

Here is one example of this type of connector.
http://www.erni.com/DB/PDF-Drawing/DIN/123905.pdf

I'm thinking of building something like this for my own use but
will limit the signals on the ribbon cable to only power and control
and keep the data there is well under a megabit using point to point
cable for higher speed data.

Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Office: 310-336-5189  Christopher.J.Albertson at aero.org