[hpsdr] PicoPSU ATX...-12 volt current concern?

Duffy na6mm_mm at earthlink.net
Sun May 27 13:40:30 PDT 2007

I , like roger, have looked at the pico specs and am wondering if the
pico psu120 will have enough (70ma) -12v current. I also looked at their
12-32vdc and the 12-25 vdc pico units specs. Those units look the same
and do have a 100ma -12vdc spec instead of the 50ma. I am hoping that
the psu120 will have enough and also have ordered it, but mine won't be
delivered till next friday. Let us know if yours works ok. Below are the
basic specs of all 3 supplies. Duffy NA6MM

The picoPSU-120 is a small yet powerful and fully compliant ATX
power supply designed to power a wide variety of motherboard from a
single 12V regulated power source.

Specifications, picoPSU-120, 120Watts DC-DC ATX Power Supply
Power Ratings (Max Load = 140 Watts)
Volts (V) Max Load (A) Peak Load (A) Regulation %
5V 6A 8A +/- 1.5%
5VSB 1.5A 2A +/- 1.5%
3.3V 6A 8A +/- 1.5%
-12V 0.05A 0.1A +/- 5%
12V 7A 10A Switched input
At max load, forced air ventilation is required. For fanless operation
de-rate the output of the 3.3
and 5V rails by ~20%. Peak load should not exceed 60 seconds

The picoPSU-120-WI-32 is a small yet powerful and fully compliant
ATX power supply designed to power a wide variety of motherboard
from a single 12-32V unregulated power source.

Specifications, picoPSU-120-WI-32, 120Watts DC-DC ATX PSU
Power Ratings (Max Load = 120 Watts)
Volts (V) Max Load (A) Peak Load (A) Regulation %
5V 6A 8A +/- 1.5%
5VSB 1.5A 2A +/- 1.5%
3.3V 6A 8A +/- 1.5%
-12V 0.1A 0.1A +/- 5%
12V 6A 8A +/- 3%
At max load, forced air ventilation is required. For fanless operation
and/or high V(In) de-rate
the combined output of the 3.3, 5V and 12V rails by ~20-40%. Peak load
should not exceed 60
seconds.

The picoPSU-120-WI-25 is a small yet powerful and fully compliant
ATX power supply designed to power a wide variety of motherboard
from a single 12-25V unregulated power source.

Specifications, picoPSU-120-WI-25, 120Watts DC-DC ATX PSU