[hpsdr] PicoPSU ATX...-12 volt current concern?

Chris Salinas n0ttw at yahoo.com
Sun May 27 18:03:06 PDT 2007

A linear supply would work great for AC using a center tap transformer. However, for those (like me) who want to run on 12-14vdc, some type of switching will be needed for the -12v.

  Right now I'm considering on using a Maxim MAX765 for the -12v 120mA supply. The rest would use linear components for the positive supplies. Not a hard circuit to design.

  I too want to keep noise down, so circuit design and shielding will be critical. PC supplies can have too much hash.

  Chris N0TTW