[hpsdr] Status of Gibraltar?

Eric Ellison ecellison at gmail.com
Mon May 28 12:02:27 PDT 2007

Les

Indeed! This is one of my 'favoritist' projects! Truly worthy of HPSDR and
Atlas backplane! Phil - VK6APH has already interfaced 10 mhz and GPS to his
experiments!

I had the pleasure of meeting John Ackerman at Dayton who supports the FEBO
and is totally involved in the Time Nuts group, and inventor of the TADD
series of precision time distribution. I've enjoyed MANY links and papers
produced and referenced on his site!

http://www.febo.com/index.html

I became more involved last year with many excursions from FEBO and
discovered the NIST supported publication of "Understanding Time and
Frequency" by James McPhearson and Jane Fitz-Randolph. A WONDERFUL history
of time and frequency, spanning both time politics and history!! This is
available also in book form but NIST has this at:

http://tf.nist.gov/timefreq/general/pdf/1796.pdf

For those interested in measuring how much the rotation of the earth
'wobbles' in a 1 day solar cycle period and how far the moon moves away from
us in a year, this is a MUST read. This book cost me about $1000 in
Christmas presents last year alone to buy wooden and water chronometers for
! Everyone in my family got 'ancient' chronometers.

This HPSDR project REALLY NEEDS someone to pick it up and run!

Steve?

John?

Rick?

Whomever?

Let's go! The concept is published and GPS gives us the short and long term
precision and accuracy ... For CHEAP!

Love it!

Eric

  _____