[hpsdr] Digital transmitter

Juha Niinikoski juha.niinikoski at sitecno.fi
Fri Nov 30 14:57:06 PST 2007

Hello all.
I have been lurking here several months and reading the digest
distribution. It is very good free education reading this list. Thanks
for everybody.
This is not exactly HPSDR project but I think some of you may be
interested it anyway. I decided to learn VHDL. To keep the motivation I
set a clear target what I am trying to achieve. Digital transmitter done
with FPGA was my choice. Now about two months later since I started I
have something to show. All VHDL modules except codec I2C and UART are
self made. Project is briefly documented here. Also VHDL code is there.
http://www.kolumbus.fi/juha.niinikoski/Digital_TX/Digital_TX.htm

All comments are welcome. I am still lost with CIC filter intergartor
stage bit growth. Current filter implementation works with enough bits
and luck! I am glad if somebody can point me good source of information
in this area. My handicap is that I do not have a degree in mathematics.
I am searching practical answers. Hogenauer math can be found from
almost every book. Practical "rule of thumb" answers are rare.

73 Juha oh2nlt