[hpsdr] Star-10 Transceiver article in QEX

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Mon Nov 12 17:49:01 PST 2007

"Its receiver features a composite spurious free linear dynamic range
exceeding 150 dB over the entire frequency coverage."

Well, that's just plain goofy.

"Powerful 8-bit PIC microprocessor..."

Um, OK.

"... that runs ... at 32 MHz ... to keep spurious products out of the
receiver's input range..."

I wonder if he tried holding an AM pocket radio next to the CPU board.  I'm
guessing not.

I'm sure the overall system design is fine, but I'm reminded of quite a few
problems I had when I first saw the article in print.

-- john, KE5FX