[hpsdr] Hot Air SMT Soldering method and AmateurLogic.TV

KD5SSJ kd5ssj at zianet.com
Mon Oct 15 09:13:18 PDT 2007

I recently discovered a ham radio monthly video magazine, AmateurLogic.TV, which is pretty good and then discovered that I had been mentioned by name in one segment http://transmitter.amateurlogic.tv/video/amlogic16.wmv and a segment that prominently features my hot air soldering method and gives attribution http://transmitter.amateurlogic.tv/video/amlogic15.wmv starting at about 9:30 minutes and running 10 minutes or so. The segment demonstrates the building a Softrock 6.0 using hot air method and solder paste. At the end of the segment George, W5JDX, trys to demonstrate resoldering a part to a disk drive board and inadvertantly demonstrates the self alignment property of the SMT reflow soldering, although he thought it was a mistake and turns it into an example of better left alone.

I can supply the solder paste www.zianet.com/erg/ShopSolderPaste.html and have about 300 satisfied customers that have started adopting this method.

Cash Olsen KD5SSJ

Kits to build Scotty's Spectrum Analyzer http://www.zianet.com/erg
Scotty's Spectrum Analyzer website http://www.cpu-net.com/host/wsprowls