[hpsdr] Perseus is a reality

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Wed Oct 10 14:04:20 PDT 2007

That does make sense; I hadn't really thought about the fact that it's
down_sampling_ as well as downconverting.  The gain is more like 4-5 bits in
that example (10*log(downsampling factor) dB, rather than 20), but still
very much worthwhile.  It doesn't sound like USB-side throughput is the
bottleneck, at any rate, so sending 16-bit samples to the host wouldn't
help.

Also: thanks for the clarifications, Nico!  I now understand a little more
about what you're faced with.  That's a great-looking rig.

-- john, KE5FX