[hpsdr] Silence on the list

H. Gruchow horst at needles.de
Wed Sep 19 13:54:24 PDT 2007

Hi guys,
what's wrong here? Nobody having any ideas, comments, success stories etc.???????

So let me talk about my activities regarding HPSDR.

1. Logic analyzer
Maybe you remember that some time ago I showed you the Parallax Propeller to Atlas board
which I have developed.
http://www.needles.de/PROP/FirstLight1.jpg

Now I am able to use it as an 80 MHz logic analyzer because some good people have given a
piece of software to the propeller community - Viewport:

http://www.mydancebot.com

On their website you can see a video showing the software in action. I have connected 16
inputs of my propeller board to the signals on Atlas row C and so I am able to view the
activities going there. It is quite interesting to see what happens when you load
Ozyinit.bat and the board becomes alive.
There is still some functionality missing in the software but it is already a useful tool.

2. I am about to finish another documentation >The making of JANUS< which gives detailed
information on putting together the JANUS board. Jason, N8INJ, respectively his girl
friend has done some corrections to the text, hi.

3. I have built a network analyzer NWT-01 which was described in the german ham magazin
 >Funkamateur< and have developed a second input channel using a small pcb of 15x55 mm.

4. Another project was to build a simple SDR radio, the ELEKTOR SDR radio and I have
developed my own pc board that only uses SMD parts. So the size has shrunk to fit into a
cigarette box. It is finished and working OK.
http://www.needles.de/images/SDR-DL6KBF-Board.JPG

5. The JANUS board of DL2MDQ has successfully been repaired. He had shot the MAX II.

6. Within the next days I will receive another Prop2Atlas board especially developed to
make a GPS disciplined oscillator. An M12M timing GPS receiver will be sandwiched to it.
Pictures to come.

7. Together with no. 6 I will be using a TADD-1 distribution amplifier with a modified pcb
which only uses SMD parts and SMA connectors. Today I received the Mini-Circuits ADT1-1
transformers for it. The board also has a very small form factor of 55x72 mm.

++++++ some other little HF projects

If I find the time I will do some documentation on all these projects.

73
Horst
DL6KBF