[hpsdr] Pandora Update and Question

Jason Hitesman jason at hitesman.com
Mon Sep 3 19:14:41 PDT 2007

On 9/3/07, Lyle Johnson <kk7p at wavecable.com> wrote:

> Penelope has a BNC connector that may make your slots even wider :-/

I saw the photo that was posted today on the wiki of an assembled
Penelope and noticed that BNC.

The photo isn't very high resolution so it's kind of hard to
tell....but from what I could see it didn't look like a very
mechanically secure mount.  Is that connector designed for regular use
or is the thinking more along the lines that it will be cabled to some
other card and therefore not be connected/disconnected very often.  Or
is the connector much more mechanically sound than it appears in the
photo?

I guess I was expecting something more like the connector used on the PSK-20:
http://www.dunephotos.com/photos/29218826-M.jpg
http://www.dunephotos.com/photos/29218747-M.jpg

----
Jason Hitesman