[hpsdr] Mercury sampling rate

Frank Brickle brickle at pobox.com
Sun Apr 13 19:30:12 PDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 8:28 PM, Lyle Johnson <kk7p at wavecable.com> wrote:

> PowerSDR is also open source, and the 192 kHz limitation I suspect can
> be worked around in that package, too.

The DSP core of PowerSDR is DttSP (<http://dttsp.org>) by N4HY and me. The
DSP functions in QS1R and uWSDR are closely derived from it. Any sample rate
limitation is imposed by hardware and associated OS software, not by the DSP
code.

If you can get samples in and out fast enough, and you have enough CPU
cycles to keep up with the arithmetic, the DSP will run at whatever speed
you tell it, in the form of a single number (the sample rate) provided at
initialization.

73
Frank
AB2KT

The only thing we have to fear is whatever comes along next. -- Austin Cline