[hpsdr] Mercury sampling rate

Frank Brickle brickle at pobox.com
Sun Apr 13 23:22:31 PDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 11:08 PM, Chuck Hutton <charlesh3 at msn.com> wrote:

> For archiving sections of RF bandwidth, why do we even need to use cycles
> by having it go through DttSP? My idea is simply that we would take the
> post-CIC samples and do file I/O immediately.

As you think best. This sounds to me like simply kicking the can further
down throad, where processing can be done offline, and that's fine. But in
practical terms the best I think you're going to do is pinning down specific
buffers to avoid copying of the sample buffers on which looks like the
structural gag behind "direct-n, direct-out" bandwidth processing.

--
The only thing we have to fear is whatever comes along next. -- Austin Cline