[hpsdr] power supply

Ray J Ray at w9ray.org
Mon Aug 4 19:21:37 PDT 2008

What do you peeps think?

Would the picoPSU-120-WI-25.... 12-25V, 120Watt ATX Power Supply

 be sufficient  to operate the hpsdr stack into the near future, even
with Mercury and Penelope.?

I remember reading  that the PICOPSU-60 seemed to about be at its limits
already.?

http://resources.mini-box.com/online/PWR-PICOPSU-120-WI-25V/PWR-PICOPSU-120-WI-25V-manual.pdf

5V       6A
5VSB  1.5A
3.3V    6A
-12V    0.1A
12V     6A
Hopefully the supply  likes to play with 13.8 volts... it says 12-25vdc

so far the only voltages the HPSDR  boards are using off from the atlas
board  is +5, +12 and -12.  with very little -12... right?

my regular computer supply i was using was blasted by lightning taking
out the USB interface on OZY and the onboard USB buss in the computer..
and I would like to get away from the big 120 volt external
atx  supply...