[hpsdr] Penelope PTT

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Mon Aug 18 18:14:12 PDT 2008

Quoting Gerd Loch <g.loch at nt-electronics.de>:

> Hi Phil,
>
> I have interrupts in the usb datastream (audio is popping) for whatever
> reason.
> I found that these interrupts in the usb-datastream (fifo empty) lead to a
> condition where HAVE_SYNC is 0.

Hi Gerd,

Whilst I agree that your modification will prevent the Tx relay
dropping out if there is an interrupt in the USB data stream you are
curing the issue and not preventing it happening!

If the PC/Ozy/Janus/Penelope/Mercury combination is working correctly
then you should not have popping audio or PTT issues due to interrupts
in the USB datastream.

I suggest you start by looking at your PC and see what the CPU load is.
If this is too high then you are not going to be able to service the
USB port fast enough.

Dropped USB data will be much more of a problem in the future when we
add Alex and high speed CW break-in operation.

73's Phil...VK6APH