[hpsdr] Sasquatch II

Bob McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 06:56:23 PST 2008

I would say that almost no one in the group needs the JTAG interface stuff.
The embedded mavens who can't live without probing individual memory bytes
or running insight to step through the execution will need it.

There are two modes for the USB port and it is "autosensing".

If you need to hang the Beagleboard on your computer as a USB device you
need one cable.  When the thing is running standalone and is a SBC to itself
needing to hook up to USB Ethernet appliances, hubs, etc.,  you need a
different cable and then it will set itself up as the host and not as a
peripheral device.

On the SD card programming,  I bought an SD card at Staples which came with
a USB SD adapter and this shows up as /dev/sdX  in Linux.

I purchased the DVI cable so I could sit at the console with the usb
keyboard, mouse, and Ethernet device plugged into the hub I bought.  Did I
NEED any of that?  NO because most of what people are going to want to do is
cross compile and dump code to it and tell it go run it until you blow up.
When displaying X11 graphics, etc. the thing is slow as you might expect and
most of us will set inittab to level 3.

As we build the project out we can make our own recommendations.  Rick
Hambly was most helpful to me as was that list you speak of in getting
going.  I am on the road from Sunday for over a week so I won't personally
be doing anything until after Christmas.

Bob

ARRL SDR Working Group Chair

NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.

"And yes I said, yes I will Yes", Molly Bloom