[hpsdr] Mercury first looks

lstoskopf at cox.net lstoskopf at cox.net
Sun Dec 28 20:25:39 PST 2008

Sitting here listening to 160 CW it is obvious that some finer control of pre-amp gain will be needed and is coming.

On 80M and 40M CW,  I happened upon images out of band>  A very loud K7BZ on 1822 and much weaker at 1778.  Another loud signal on 3539 and a weaker image on 3461.  This hooked to my tribander.

5 KW BC stn on 1150 3 miles away and only minimal breakthru at a few frequencies and Atlas sitting on my desk totally unshielded.

CPU utilization 3-5% on Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 LGA 775 DDR3, Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16 GHz, GeForce 8800 GT AKIMBO and 4 GB fast DDR3 memory.

Nice job everyone.