[hpsdr] OT: Blackfin Development

Jonathan Wagner jonathan at jonathanwagner.net
Mon Dec 29 14:39:56 PST 2008

I know this is sort of offtopic, but I've noticed a few people here,
including Mr. Harmon have experience with Analog Devices Blackfin DSPs.
Plus this list seems more open to learning opportunities than some others.

I am currently mentoring a group of undergrad students building an SDR for
flight on a future CAPE satellite (UL Lafayette) and we are looking for a
JTAG programmer available in the US which will work with open source tools
such as urjtag tools.  I have a couple Xilinx Platform Cable USB and Olimex
Arm-OCD-USB emulators, but both of these lack the Blackfin specific EMU~
line.  First, will either of these work (is the EMU~ pin absolutely
necessary; will the standard TMS, TCK, TDI, TDO lines be enough).  Second,
what is a recommended emulator.

Thanks for your time and sorry for the noise,
Jonathan

P.S. I would prefer a US distributor as my employer is sponsoring the
project and will fund any purchases.  If an international distributor only
product (such as the gnICE) then cheapest is best as the funds will come
from my own pocket.