[hpsdr] Sample rate

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 31 13:31:27 PST 2008

Happy New Year,
Mercury got another good workout today. I do notice the A/D running pretty warm. I think I will solder some copper flashing on the back of the thermal pad at some point to pull more heat off the part.
I wonder why anyone would want to run a slower sample than 192 KHz? My computer is usually running below 10% CPU most of the time. Janus interface was higher.
Someone asked about out of band signals. As a test I put two HP8640Bs into a combiner. Then I listened to a signal near MDS on 75 meters and tuned the second generator up to 8 MHz  at a level just below saturation. I never heard anything or saw anything on the display.
frank