[hpsdr] Sasquatch II

Alberto I2PHD i2phd at weaksignals.com
Wed Dec 10 08:01:19 PST 2008

Bob McGwier wrote:

> The OMAP3530 is a good SoC.  It will run Linux and well on the ARM.  The
> NEON is a very good floating point SIMD engine.  We could have a stand-alone
> dsp enhanced computer with networking capability, monitor as well as small
> LCD support, and burning under 2 watts!

  I have a Beagleboard since two or three weeks, and doing some experiments with it, made complicated by my lack of
knowledge of the Linux world. I have been able to put into an SD card the image of the Armstrong-demo Linux, and run
successfully it. My attempts to install on a different SD card a version of Debian Lenny are unsuccessful so far, as the
  installer at a certain point wants to connect to Internet to download required pieces of code, and the couple of
USB<=>WiFi dongles that I tried on the BB are not supported.

My questions :

A) What distribution would you choose to use the BB as a development platform for SDR-related purposes ?
    Debian ? Armstrong ? Ubuntu (I read that it exists a port of Ubuntu to the BB) ?

B) Does anybody have a completely installed and usable image of such a distribution that he is willing to share, so that
I just need to copy it into an SD card ?

Many thanks from a Linux newcomer...

73  Alberto  I2PHD