[hpsdr] Sasquatch II

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 15:15:19 PST 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 3:59 PM, Frank Brickle <brickle at pobox.com> wrote:

> In preparation for order a BB for myself, I'm going through the list of necessary and recommended (connectors, PS, and whatnot) add-ons. It's very confusing. Most of the Shopping List is of the form, "If you want to do X, you'll need Y." My problem isn't knowing whether I need Y, it's knowing whether I'll need to do X.
>
> (The mere fact of finding this so confusing probably should probably disqualify me from taking it on at all, but never mind.)
>
> Can anybody suggest a reasonably rich starting config, that is, enough to do some real development without going overboard on bells and whistles?
>
> 73 and thanks
> Frank
> AB2KT

FYI, before you buy...  Info on the Rev C board...

From: "Gerald Coley" <ger... at beagleboard.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 12:32:21 -0600
Subject: Re: [beagleboard] PCB fabrication costs for OMAP3530 designs
Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
original | Report this message | Find messages by this author

First off, you need to go to a high end shop for these types of boards. Any
shop that has not built this type of board will be high initially. As the
shop gets more comfortable with the board the price comes down. Your
quantities are also extremely low. You need to the quantity up there to get
a better price. In quantit of 10K we pay under $20 per board.

The pricing you received is high even for these quantities. You are better
off going to MEI, DDI, or Streamline, all of whom have already built this
board before.

The REV C board will have the LCD signals brought out to a pair of headers.
Rev C will be out late Q1 for purchase. We are testing the prototypes now.
The REV C schematics are set, but will not be released until testing is
completed. All of the signals that connect to the TFP410 are the signals
that are brought out on these headers including the I2C3, 5V, 3.3V, and
1.8V.

Gerald