[hpsdr] Sasquatch II

Brian Gaffney beg at bellatlantic.net
Wed Dec 10 16:25:06 PST 2008

TI has made a considerable investment into the open source community with
OMAP.  They recently released open source code to bridge the ARM Cortex to
the DSP processer.  Today, as you can see from Jason Kridner (Beagle Board
Reflector moderator), TI added the DSP tools.  Quoted below is his message;

"I know that I got this request a couple of times for people working
exclusively with Linux, so I am sharing a Linux installer here:

http://beagle.s3.amazonaws.com/C64x%20DSPLIB-2.1-Linux-Install.tar.gz

For a better idea of what the DSPLIB is, here is an extraction from the
introduction:

"The TI C64x+ DSPLIB is an optimized DSP Function Library for C programmers
using devices that include the C64x+ megamodule. It includes many
C-callable, optimized, general-purpose signal-processing routines. These
routines are typically used in computationally intensive real-time
applications where optimal execution speed is critical. By using these
routines, you can achieve execution speeds considerably faster than
equivalent code written in standard ANSI C language. In addition, by
providing ready-to-use DSP functions, TI DSPLIB can significantly shorten
your DSP application development time.

"The TI DSPLIB includes commonly used DSP routines. Source code is provided
that allows you to modify functions to match your specific needs." "

Also you all might be interested in Tin Can Tools open source JTAG
in-circuit debugger and programmer for Beagle Board.

http://www.tincantools.com/

73,

Brian K3PU