[hpsdr] Sasquatch II

Henry Vredegoor henry.vredegoor at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 05:04:55 PST 2008

Hi Phil, Lyle, All

Reading your mail, the BGA packaging seems to be a show stopper for a DIY /
non-professional / non-hightech fabrication of a PCB with respect to costs.
I know there are solutions to convert a Ball Grid Array to a Pin Grid Array,
a sort of small daughter-PCB that has the BGA pads on one side and pins on
the other side.

One example:

http://www.mill-max.com/products/newproducts_detail.cfm?pid=7

This would allow you to use a conventional type PCB for the rest of the
circuit.
Don't know if such a thingy could reduce the costs (-enough) to make this a
possible solution?

73

Henry.