[hpsdr] Sasquatch II

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Thu Dec 11 07:05:13 PST 2008

> I wonder, is there free linux based development tools for the TMS320C6745?

The DSP is the exact one used in the OMAPL137, which is supposed to have
a Linux toolchain -- I think.  This link provides the status and
projected availability of the eval board tools <
URL:http://focus.ti.com/dsp/docs/dspcontent.tsp?contentId=51127 >

The nice thing about the 674x DSP core is that it is a superset of the
earlier fixed and floating point cores. In other words, TI is
consolidating the DSP cores so all the special features in certain
high-performance cores are now in the 674x core.  The implication is
that whatever Linux tools TI has in place to support the DSP core in the
OMAP3530 ought to work on the new DSP core within the limitations of the
DSP core targeted by those tools.

I think Bob N4HY has been following the Linux tool support for the DSP
fairly closely, and may have something to add.

73,
Lyle KK7P