[hpsdr] Sasquatch II

Frank Brickle brickle at pobox.com
Thu Dec 11 18:57:33 PST 2008

See https://www.cgran.org/wiki/DttSP. The languages are C (the SDR DSP core,
DttSP) and Erlang/OTP (the Virtual Radio Kernel, vrk, and associated support
applications). Some developers are using Eclipse as the IDE. If you're
comfortable with emacs, that's a good choice also.

It's important to understand that the console/UI is completely decoupled
from the rest of the system. DttSP and the VR-Kernel provide a
platform-independent SDR infrastructure that can be distributed
transparently across many physical or virtual hosts. Flex is working on a
Windows- and Flex-specific suite of components including a GUI. DttSP and
VR-Kernel are intended to work across a broad spectrum of hardware and any
common platform including Linux, OS X, BSD, and Windows. (VR-Kernel also
runs with GNU Radio.) It provides tools for interfacing with a user console
written in any convenient language on the platform of choice.

The cash value for HPSDR is that the control and UI functions can consist of
a program, a suite of knobs and switches, or an arbitrary combination of
both.

The code currently in CGRAN consists of the basic VR-Kernel components along
with the latest version of DttSP, with modifications to interoperate with
VR-Kernel. A full release of the integrated system (minus GUI) is on its way
onto the CGRAN repository piecemeal over the next week or so.

73
Frank
AB2KTt

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 7:58 PM, Graham / KE9H <KE9H at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> Robert McGwier wrote:

>> Good plan.  That spaghetti mess is in need of a full rewrite, which it
>> is getting.
>>

> Just so I can prepare and learn the new language and tools,
> what language(s) and what IDE?
>
> Thanks,
> --- Graham / KE9H
>
> ==

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he
gave it to. -- Dorothy Parker