[hpsdr] Sasquatch II

Doug Bade kd8b at thebades.net
Fri Dec 19 09:20:03 PST 2008

Well I ordered one of these intel nano ITX  little buggers after
reading this post....

It cost me $108.00 or so out the door from NewEgg with 2gb of ddr2
with it. I installed it in a spare PC case last night.

I booted off a Fedora 9 Flash image on a flash drive right out of the
blocks perfectly and autodetected everything... looks like a good
platform for modern kernel 25+ Linux..

I then installed Fedora 10 i386 ( it loaded the i686 version) from a
Sata dvd drive to a Sata hard drive. Install went flawless....

I then TRIED to install XP... however this did not go so well....

Installing XP Pro OEM at Sp2 from a Sata dvd drive to a Sata hard
drive locked it up as fast as I entered the install setup on the CD..
never got to the user license screen.. locked up hard... I next
installed from a sata dvd drive to an IDE hard drive and it installed
fine... It looks like the Sata Drive chipset is the issue and or
drivers.. The install completed fine but still needed oem patches
from the intel mb disk to get all drivers working correctly...

My real surprise was when I got finished...XP Pro saw (4) ..
FOUR...  1.6ghz processor cores..... I thought the chip was a dual
core... surprise surprise on that...

I will be loading Power SDR this weekend an playing with it.. I have
one PCI slot on it so will put my SDR1000 on first...

Looks pretty impressive for ~100.00 motherboard....including ram....
and small !!!!!!!

Doug
KD8B