[hpsdr] Help please

Graham / KE9H KE9H at austin.rr.com
Sat Dec 27 11:29:15 PST 2008

Steve:

In the case of Mercury, and Penelope, the code is programmed into
non-volatile memory in the FPGA.  To change it, you need a byte-
blaster, or eventually, Ozy will be programmed to appear as a Byte-blaster
to all the other cards, so eventually, even Mercury and Penelope' FPGAs will
be downloadable from the USB, but not today.

Ozy is a different animal today.  Since there are a lots of plans to
change and add functionality to Ozy, the decision was made to
make it "soft" for the time being  Its code is downloaded by PowerSDR at
the start
of every session.  There is likely some kind of little bootloader
on board that does not change, but the operating code is reloaded
the first time you "Start" and the hardware had been powered down
and lost the code.

It is possible that Ozy will be "hard" some day, but for now there is
this three or four second download event at the beginning of
every session.  PowerSDR needs to "see" the script and code
files, so they need to be in the same folder as the ".exe" file.

--- Graham

==