[hpsdr] Fwd: Mercury sees first RF here

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Mon Dec 29 18:19:17 PST 2008

Hi Greg,

Good to hear that you have Mercury working.

There is no problem in using the Penelope 122.88MHz and 10MHz clocks.
In fact until we trace down the board position issue then this is the
way to setup.

Naturally this will only work if you have a Penelope board on the Atlas
bus. For just Mercury and Ozy then select the clocks from Mercury.

Removing JMP8 turns off the supply to the 10MHz TCXO on Mercury - you
only need one on your system and using the one from Penny will work
fine. There will be more information about clock selection in the
Mercury Manual that will be out shortly.

Thanks to those folks who are assisting others get their systems going
- I was buried in emails for a while there!

For the Stage 1 Mercury V2 beta testers I've got a fix for the 60Hz
steps and will post new code later in the week.

73's Phil....