[hpsdr] Working and fast computer issue

lstoskopf at cox.net lstoskopf at cox.net
Mon Dec 29 19:26:32 PST 2008

I checked the sampling speed and it was indeed at 48K, move to 19.2K and images were gone.  Couldn't figure how the fold back was at the lower band edge, but not an issue now.

Thought I had a new problem as the 4 hour ago SVN update greyed out all but one Mode button, but 2576 fixed that, if it ever was other than my problem.  An extra cup of strong coffee for the software guys.

I realize that there is no NEED for a gamer computer for this SDR use, but some of us have different wants.  I'm sitting here with HPSDR covering what part of the BC band it can, centered on WGN 720 and the QS1R covering 400 KHz to 2.4 MHz with the waterfall on half of the screen.  Total CPU usage is 19%.  Overhead room for Skimmer or some digital modes.  Not portable, but looks great on a 24 inch monitor with 1920X1200 resolution.  Would not want to get locked into some ADEQUATE computer and display.  Back to playing and thanks again for another burst of productivity.

N0UU