[hpsdr] Mercury info

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Tue Dec 30 14:43:00 PST 2008

Don't know on 1.  On 2 -- 122.88 MHz is correct - this is the
frequency of the master oscillator on Penny and Mercury.  It is used
to drive the D/A and A/D converters.  It is also divided down to
12.288 to drive the audio codecs.    We'd originally gone with 125
MHz as the master oscillator freq but the lack of an integral divisor
down to typical audio sampling rates (48, 96 and 192 khz) proved
problematic to the software so we switched to 122.88 MHz which
divides down nicely to the common audio sampling rates.

Regards,

Bill (kd5tfd)