[hpsdr] FW: Mercury Startup Help

Daniel Quigley dquigley at msn.com
Wed Dec 31 16:26:25 PST 2008

Dale, you are correct noting the discrepancy.   I didn't want to contradict an existing post from one of the experts, so the description I used was from Phil Harman in a Christmas day post.  The way I interpreted his note is that "slot position" is different than the J1-J6 designations silk-screened on the board.  For final docs though, I think it would be better to standardize on the silk-screened system. From: Phil HarmanThread: Mercury sees first RF hereDate: Thu Dec 25 00:56:30 PST 2008 "This is how I am running my HPSDR.  Atlas slot 1 is next to the power connector so 6 is farthest away. I have Mercury in slot 2, Penelope in slot 4 and Ozy in slot 5 ( we are working to fix this slot dependency)."Thanks for sparking clarification,Dan > Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 19:01:50 -0500> From: dmb at lightstream.net> To: dquigley at msn.com> Subject: Re: [hpsdr] Mercury Startup Help> > Hi Dan,> > Nice write-up, and I'm sure it'll be a big help to a lot of folks.> > Just one thing that I noticed, and that is the numbering of the board > positions on Atlas. The silk screen on mine indicates that position 6 is > next to the power connector, and position 1 is farthest from the power > connector.> > 73, and Happy New Year!> Dale, WA8SRA> >