[hpsdr] Problem with Mercury V2

Mark Amos mark.amos at toast.net
Wed Dec 31 19:04:19 PST 2008

This evening while tuning around with Mercury, I noticed an odd behavior.  When I click on WWV in PowerSDR, I
get an out-of-band message (as if I'm trying to transmit.) If I select any frequency anywhere outside of the
Ham Bands and have any voice mode selected, this same thing happens.  If I have CWU or CWL selected and select
a frequency outside the ham bands, no problem.

Also, when I click on the 60 meter button, Mercury and Penny apparently fight for control of PowerSDR (I hear a
relay clicking and, apparently penny is bouncing in and out of transmit.)

I thought it might be one of the infamous "need to delete PowerSDR's database" problems, but deleting and
running back through the wizard didn't help.

Has anyone else seen these behaviors?

Mark
W8XR