[hpsdr] OT: Personal advisory from your list administrator

Don Jackson AE5K ae5k at hpsdr.org
Sat Feb 9 17:29:01 PST 2008

HPSDR Discussion List Members:

A few list members are aware of my physical situation. I'm not anxious
to make this public, but maybe others on this list might benefit from my
experiences. It is certainly not done to solicit sympathy.

The day before Christmas, my doctor diagnosed a problem I was
experiencing as CHF - Congestive Heart Failure.  Wow!  Me?  No, couldn't
be! I'm generally pretty healthy and the doctors usually have told me at
checkups that I'm "as healthy as a horse" (sidenote: if you've ever
owned a horse, you may wonder at this comparison as horses seem to be
subject of an awful lot of diseases!).

Twenty-five years ago, a diagnosis of CHF was essentially a death
sentence.  Today, that is quite changed.  If you'd like to read about my
"adventures" with CHF, see http://ae5k.us/chf/   Not a real fancy page,
but it will be updated periodically.  I hope you might gain something
from it if you care to look at it.

I don't expect this condition to affect the HPSDR website or
wiki, nor this discussion list (reflector) -- except I may be a little
grumpier than usual with a bad day  ;-)   With treatment, I expect to be
around a few years longer as I'm having too much fun in ham radio and I
haven't spent all my kids inheritance yet -- of course one or two big
shopping sprees could remedy the latter!  (...or maybe purchasing all
the HPSDR modules in the pipeline!)

73,
Don AE5K
HPSDR Discussion List Administrator